Monsters of Melodica New Video "Valdez In The Country"

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Melodica-Me
    Participant

Well, it’s time for another video from the Monsters of Melodica. This time it is a cover of the classic Donny Hathaway tune “Valdez In The Country” (which was written for and recorded by the group Cold Blood in the early 70’s). We invited Melodica players from around the world to join us on this recording, with a goal to unite like-minded musicians and to showcase their talents on the Melodica. Special thanks to some of our Melodicaworld members on here who contributed. Please see credits at the end of the video

Melodica-Me
    Monsters of Melodica

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vuYnEgLs_g&feature=youtu.be”>

Melodica-Me
    Participant
    Andre
    Participant

Hi Melodica-me!

Great work from M.O.M ??! And great collaborations ?!

Also, what I found curious was the fact that, as I mentioned to Lowboy,I have been producing, (or at least trying to) some dubs and beats and working with samples, and I sampled precisely Donny Hathaway! Great coincidence, I have been away from the forum and now I come back and found that you guys are playing a cover of Danny Hathaway, and Lowboy is playing the melodica as a modular synth! New things that I have learned and discovery in the past months, and that now I found here! Great synchronicity ?!
    Anyway about this recording, I really enjoy it, I think it is great ?! Also love the connection with the other players, and especially with Tokyo Melodica Orchestra, of course because of Pianonymous! Great work guys!
    And by speaking in Japan, I have sampled and discover a great Japanese composer J. A. Caesar! Maybe Pianonymous and her crew could make a cover one of this days! ? lol!
    Finally just wanted to say one more time, great song and work! Please make this more often! ?

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Thank you Andre. This is definitely something we would like to do again. There are a lot of things we did not consider when importing sound files. The most difficult is intonation of files between all that were sent in. The next one we do we will include a tone (A440) for everyone to check or tune their melodicas too. We start working on our new track in 5 weeks when we get done with projects we are individually working on. Then hopefully we can decide which tune will be the next track we open up to other players between September and November.
    Melodica-Me

Andre
    Participant

Hi Melodica-me
    That’s great news! Keep up the good work! Also forgot to mention before, I really enjoyed the 60’s psychedelic feeling of the Electra! Great ☺

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button