Melodion Super 34 Suzuki

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Luis melodion
    Participant

When I fell in love with melodicas and melodions I started to reach for the rarest models, thats how I finded this one, is the First Piano keyboard melodion from Suzuki, a very rare item.

Melodion super 34

I got the lucky to find one of this models on a japanese site, (Thanks so much to Mr. Alan Brinton for the information) unfortunaly, just the melodion and only one of the 2 mouthpieces, no case, the case in the photo was made for me because I dont wanted to that the instrument feel sad to see all the other brothers melodions happy with theyre respective cases.

This model was made since 1671 to 1972 and was the second Suzuki model for melodion, the first is a button copy of hohner 1958 melodica. (I dont have that one of course)

This instrument was inspired in two guys, the “Hohner Alto melodica” and the “Clavietta” from André Borel.

vintage suzuki mouthpieces
    Mouthpieces

As you can see, the mouthpiece is almoust the same, just the Suzuki model is a little larger but not much. Same color, same shape and same material.

Shape
    Contorn:
    Contorn

Back Hohner/Suzuki
    Back Hohner/Suzuki

Back Clavietta/Suzuki
    Back Clavietta/Suzuki

The construction is fantastic, very sofisticated, more complex than the buttons Hohner models of that time, honestly I dont want to open it couse scares me a bit the idea of not could close it good again, normally the 60s models are a huge problem for fix them.

This is a little video haha sorry for my english level, I’ll be better in the furure. 🙂

Alan Brinton
    Participant

Excellent video, Luis. It is a rare treat to actually hear the sound of the Super II! Your photos bring out the design similarities with the Hohner and Clavietta.

Daren
    Keymaster

I love this video Luis, really entertaining and informative. I also love your green walls!

André Sant’Anna
    Participant

Very nice vintage melodica!

On which Japanese sites can I find vintage melodicas to buy? I’m very interested!

Alan Brinton
    Participant

Buyee is a Japanese shopping site on which you can search Yahoo Japan Auction, Andre. Search under Hobbies and Crafts/Musical Instruments/Other for “melodica,” “melodion,” and “pianica.” You can make your bid and purchase and shipping with Buyee for modest fees. Be sure to check the packaging and delivery options. The shipping and fees for a melodica are usually $40 or so. I see some complaints about Buyee, but I have bought many melodicas through Buyee and have yet to have a problem.

André Sant’Anna
    Participant

I knew the Buyee site only by name, but because of the fear that they did not deliver correctly in Brazil, I never bought anything. Maybe I should give it a chance because there really are a lot of melodica options out there. Thanks for the tip!

Alan Brinton
    Participant

There seem to be issues for everybody with delivery to Brazil, but Buyee should not be a source of difficulties.

Gianluca Barbaro
    Participant

Alan, thank you for the tip about Buyee! I have just won an auction for a used Pro 44 HP (I had been looking for one for some time…). Let’s see how it goes 😉

Alan Brinton
    Participant

Excellent!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button