melodica==>accordion

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Eric Siegel
    Participant

Hello, all:

Introductions: I am a keyboard, guitar, bass, percussion player, playing for nearly 50 years. I got a hammond 44 a while back, and bring it to sessions etc. I often want to get a sound that emulates an accordion in these settings, which I can do to some extent by playing with both hands using the flexible tube. But I was thinking that a chorus effects pedal or a small amp with a nice effects processor might be good. Any ideas for effects that would more closely emulate the multi-reed 15c detuned accordion sound? Thanks in advance!

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Hello Eric, I can get a close accordion sound by using a chorus pedal (by Warped Vinly) a delay pedal (Mooger Fooger) with a little reverb (Cathedral pedal). You will need a boost pedal to bring up the signal from the Hammond 44. I use my D.I. Pedal with gain and EQ in the following chain
    D.I.
    Chorus
    Delay
    Reverb
    The volume on you melodica must be all the way up and your D.I. Just a little over 1/2 gain. On the D.I. You need to cut the mid range. With a push on 8-10k. Once it hits the chorus you should try to double the width with a large sweep. When it goes to your DeLay you will need to give it a fast but short delay. Reverb is your choice I usually tend to be on the heavy side which can be a little annoying to some but heck to each his own. I use as a norm a Fender delux reverb but the fender acoustic jr sounds better for that sound and luckily it is a lot cheaper $225-$300 depending on where you buy it. My Fender Delux Reverb brown face was just over $1000. See some of my post on amplifying melodicas for additional info. I tend to use my Hammond Hyper for accordion sounds the 44 to me is a little harder to get that sound. You will need to tweak pedal and amp little at a time to achieve the sound but it can be done, how realistic is it, well let’s just say they will never mistake you for Lawrence Welk. Good luck
    Melodica-Me
    Monsters of Melodica

Anonymous
    Inactive

i hope you get what you need

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button