Melodica (Keyboard Harmonica) Blues Recording

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lowboy
    Participant

Hi,

Here is a recording of two simultaneous melodica solos over a blues backing track. The second track was made without listening to the first track. I made this recording very quickly and only spent about 20 minutes mixing and mastering. Details are included beneath the link and on the Soundcloud page.

I recorded two takes of a keyboard harmonica solo over a great blues backing track that you can find online by searching on “slow blues backing track.”

I was not listening to the first take when I made the second take.

I was not intending to play the tracks back together. But by accident, I started to listen to one of the tracks not realizing both faders were up. When I realized what happened, I continued listening, and it turned out both tracks were complimentary to each other. So, I left them both in the final mix.

The keyboard harmonica was a Hohner piano HM-32 with medium 3:1 compression and the high-end frequencies rolled way back. I ran the signal through a Vox C10 tube amp and recorded the amp using a stereo mic.

Regards,

Lowboy Bootay

Alan Brinton
    Participant

That sounds pretty good. I think I hear some dub influence in there. I generally try playing along with your samples seeing to what extent I can approximate your sounds with a bare naked melodica. With this, my Suzuki MA-32 “Super II” gets me part way there. It bends notes pretty well.

Melodica-Me
    Participant

That a great groove Lowboy. The HM-32 mixed with the Bootay-WAH is a one of a kind sound.

Daren
    Keymaster

That’s lovely, your best recording yet in my opinion!

Frances Demoretcky
    Participant

I’ve been away for quite a while and am catching up on stuff. Love this recording. Just so cool, thanks Lowboy.

Lowboy
    Participant

Thanks Frances. Hopefully some more will be coming soon.

Regards,

Lowboy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button