maintenance

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    marina
    Participant

hi, i bought a melodica last week and i would like to know how to clean it and do a good maintenance. thanks!

Mikey Jupiter
    Participant

Hi Marina. What model did you buy? There isn’t really much to do in terms of maintenance. Keep it in its case to stop it getting dusty, and shake out the spit after you’ve played it. There’s a button to press somewhere at the end which lets it out. Good luck!

marina
    Participant

thanks for you answer mikey jupiter. i have an ancient melodica piano 27 “hohner”. but i don’t have its case. do you know where can i buy one?

marina
    Participant

well, i’m in spain. do you know if it’s posible to buy a melodica case in barcelona or online? i was thinking how to make one but i prefer to buy it.

Daren
    Keymaster

To add to Mikey’s post, re maintenance, don’t play immediately after eating, as little food particles can cause problems with the reeds inside. And also avoid sugary drinks while playing.

A case isn’t that important – I leave my melodicas out of their cases all the time with no problem. Could be handy for travelling though…

The Hohner piano 27s are very nice looking instruments – I have one, with its case. To be honest I don’t think you’re going to find a case on its own, might have to make one after all. Post a photo if you do!

Melodica World
    Keymaster

If the melodica gets very dirty, you can remove the case to clean it separately. (Follow the instructions on “How to tune a melodica”). Don’t clean the reed plates – you can instead gently ‘ping’ (flick) each reed tongue a couple of times to remove any encrustations of saliva. Do this also if you have a note which isn’t sounding.

marina
    Participant

ok. thanks! sure, i’ll post a photo of my case when i’ll do it 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button