Live Rig for Melodica

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lowboy
    Participant

Hi,

Thought I would share an image of my live rig. I took a circa 1930s or 1940s suitcase that I bought at a tag sale for $3 and ripped out all the contraptions inside. This is the most over designed suitcase I have ever felt. I swear the panels are made of wood. I made a thin board that covers the melodicas during transportation. The rubber band keeps the melodicas from falling out. The pedals are sitting on the HM-36 case. All cabling, microphone, pedals, etc, fit in the suitcase. I walk in carrying one suitcase and one mic stand. I sit in a chair when I play, and the suitcase is on the floor next to me so that I can swap out melodicas and change pedal settings during the performance.

I am also working on another rig that uses high quality rack equipment in an SKB case. Again, the equipment and melodicas and all cabling will fit in the 6-space SKB rack, which has a handle and wheels. I will post a photo when I get done with this ever changing rig. It is coming into focus, and right now, I am thinking the rack equipment rig will be the better of two.

Lowboy

melodica rig

Alan Brinton
    Participant

Great old style gangster look, except for no $100 bills.

Binyomin
    Participant

Nice setup, Lowboy! Looks sharp!

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Blues man style, let’s not forget a bottle of gin.
    Very cool
    Melodica-Me

Lowboy
    Participant

MM, how did you know. Gin was my favorite back in the day when I was a young bluesman. Now it is more like Pellegrino. The earlier the gig the better. 🙂

Lowboy

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Lowboy, if you like early gig, I can get you a couple of dates at the San Dimas Assisted living facility in CA anytime 2-3 PM “perks” All the sugar free Jello you want. 🙂

Melodica-Me

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button