I need help

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Chelsea Siler
    Participant

Hello! I’m a beginner, like, I haven’t even played it yet. I was going to follow some guides and write the letters on my keys, when I realized, that melodica have 22 white keys while mine has 19 white keys??? I have 32 all together… Can someone help? Is this wrong, or just a different style? How can I figure out which keys are which? I’ve never played anything with keys before, I’ve always played drums.
    Thanks!!

Daren
    Keymaster

Hi Chelsea, melodicas come in all shapes and sizes!

You have a 32 note melodica. They’re also quite common. Is it a Yamaha P37D? If not, what model is it? I’ll tell you where to write the letters on the keys.

Alan Brinton
    Participant

Daren meant to say P-32D (or E), Chelsea.

I would advise writing the letters in an erasable ink so you can remove them once you have learned the keys, which shouldn’t take very long.

Have fun with your melodica!

Daren
    Keymaster

Thanks Alan, that’s right P32D (orE)!

Chelsea Siler
    Participant

Thanks so much guys! I found a ‘c’ above one of the notes and was able to deduce which keys were which.
    I’m not sure what model it is.. I didn’t know anything about which brand is better, so I bought the first one I saw. Which, I know its smart, but I was sooo excited to learn!! Its pretty good too! Here’s the link if you’re interested.https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DEQPD6C/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Daren
    Keymaster

Glad you worked it out Chelsea, let us know how you get on 🙂

Alan Brinton
    Participant

That should be just fine, Chelsea. Have fun!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button