I am Planning to buy a Melodica

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth Decena
    Participant

Hello, I am new here.

I am having a hard time choosing between the Suzuki M37C and the Yamaha P37D.

Both are around the same price range and I would like to stay within the 37 key range. I also have piano experience.

My main issue is that my hands are pretty small. I have heard that the handle is a bit odd on the Yamaha. And the Suzuki’s handle looks more comfortable.

I know that it is matter of preference of the person, but I have read that the tone of the Yamaha P37D is more preferred.

I am very conflicted between the two.

Any suggestions?

Thank you! ^__^

Alan Brinton
    Participant

The choice between these two excellent melodicas is a familiar topic here, Elizabeth! It’s hard to go wrong with either one, and experienced players here don’t tend as a group to rally around one as opposed to the other. Two thoughts, though: (1) Not everybody thinks that the best (or even a good) way to hold a melodica is by the hand strap. I never use the handle. (2) A 32 key model (the M-32C or P-32D) is narrower, lighter, and easier to hold and balance in the left hand.

Elizabeth Decena
    Participant

Wow, thanks.

I am gonna purchase the Yamaha P32D then. Maybe in the future, when I am more use to the instrument I will probably eventually get a Yamaha P37D or the Suzuki M37C. ^__^

I can’t wait to start playing when I am free or taking a break in between studying and such.

Thanks again!

Alan Brinton
    Participant

Can’t beat the P-32D, Elizabeth. I have a whole lot of melodicas, old and new, and it is still my favorite.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button