How to Open a Metal Hohner Piano 26

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lowboy
    Participant

Hi All,

I wanted to open up my metal Hohner Piano 26 to try and tune the lowest and highest notes. So I removed all the screws on the back cover, including the handle screws. However, there are three rivets on the back cover and they appear to be preventing the removal of cover. There does not seem to be a way to remove the back cover except to drill out the rivets.

Has anyone ever disassembled one of these, and if so, what is the procedure?

Here are some photos that show the situation.

Hohner Metal Piano 26  Backside

Hohner Metal Piano 26 Rivets

Regards,

Lowboy

Lowboy
    Participant

Test to embed image. Please excuse this test to see if I can get an image to be embedded in the post so you don’t have to open a separate tab. Lowboy

Test Image to attempt display of the image in the post

Lowboy
    Participant

Okay. I think I got the hang of it, but I tried both the IMG and LINK buttons. Need to figure which is which. I will try that next time I post. Lowboy

Andre
    Participant

Hi Lowboy

You don´t need to remove the rivets, only the screws. The handle screws won´t come out totally. When they are loose and the third screw is out, you just need to force the back cover until it comes out! I use the screwdriver as a lever because it requires some strength. Sorry about my bad english.

Lowboy
    Participant

Thanks Andre,

I will give that a try. I did not want to force it open and break something.

Regards,

Lowboy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button