Hohner Pro 36 on Ebay, seemingly perfect condition

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Ofir
    Participant

Thank you Melodica-Me.
    Not only that the microphone matters, also the position of the mic, the preamp type and gain, etc. But having a no-effect recording is still the closest to the original anyone can get remotely. I really appreciate your effort.
    A side note – I noticed that on too many recordings, people tend to over-effect the Melodica, even the best sounding Melodicas, and I can hardly understand why. You’ll never find such an over-effected accordion recording for example.

If discussing microphones, I will consider using a ribbon microphone for the Melodica, although I’m a big fan of the U87,U67 and the crazy-sounding U47 (I actually recorded albums with the first two)
    Have a look at this recording. Although I’m not a big fan of what it did to the trumpet (and really dislike the piano sound), but the accordion sounds astonishing in my opinion; perhaps it’s THE mic for the Melodica as well.

** Please be sure to turn the video quality to 720p. Youtube’s audio quality is strongly linked to the video quality, and below 720p the quality of the audio drops **

Lowboy – actually the more I listen to the Hammond (or any other Suzuki), the less I’m interested in them; although it’s obviously a matter of personal taste..

pip-le-fou
    Participant

Hi, I have one for sale on ebay right now. Possibly people on this forum are interested. Price may be high, but I paid quite a lot for it too, the condition is really very good, and it’s much cheaper than the one mentioned in this post went for. 🙂

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOHNER-MELODICA-PROFESSIONAL-36-Piano-best-melodica-melodion-wooden-chassis-/181844849007

Alan Brinton
    Participant

Good price, and it looks very good. Assuming that all the keys are working and all notes playing, a most important question for potential buyers here would be how air tight it is, how much air passes through with the vent cap screwed on and no keys depressed. Some leakage is to be expected, but how much matters a great deal.

pip-le-fou
    Participant

Yes, notes are playing well (I have a video). How can you test airtightness except listening for air while blowing without keys pressed and feeling all around the melodica? It seems to be perfect in that respect.

Alan Brinton
    Participant

Well, if it’s perfectly air tight, you’ll get complete resistance (which won’t be the case with a Hohner Professional 36). If not, you can see how easy it is to blow through with the cap on and no keys depressed in comparison with the cap off.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button