Hohner Piano 36s for sale

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Lowboy
    Participant

Hi,

I am going to sell two of my three Hohner Piano 36s. One is a 1960s vintage, made in Germany with the white lettering. The other one is a circa 1980 model with gold lettering, not made in Germany. I am going to post them separately with photos and recordings of me playing octaves up the keyboard so you can hear the state of tune. These melodicas are in great shape.

I do want to point out, that all three of my Piano 36s, even the one I am keeping, will, at moderate/high-to-high pressure blowing, allow the air to sneak under some of the valves, creating some soft fluttering/vibration of the valves. These are not “air leaks,” but rather the air actually lifting the valves off of there seats and escaping (a leak, but not in the traditional sense of the word). I attribute it to 30 to 50 year old springs. At least that is what I think is going on.

In any case, this phenomenon does not effect the playing and sound of the instruments. They sound and play great. First, the pressure needed to lift the valves is well above normal playing pressure. Second, even when playing loud, valves are open and the pressure never gets sufficiently high to cause this to happen.

Give me some time and I will post them here before going to Ebay.

Regards,

Lowboy

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button