Hohner mouthpiece on Suzuki M37C

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Olivier
    Participant

Hi,
    Today, I went to the music store. I looked at the Suzuki M37C and I bought it. I find it pleasant to touch. Sound is clear. When I first touched it, I couldn’t find the spit valve. The seller showed it to me. I also like the fact that multiple mouth pieces come with it, though I’m not a big fan of them. I’m thinking about putting an Hohner one inside the case. Do you think it would affect the playing of the melodica if I use a Hohner mouth piece?
    Olivier

Daren
    Keymaster

Hi Oliver, mouthpiece come in all shapes and sizes, and have minimal effect on the sound of the melodica – its all personal preference, what feels good. You can use any mouthpiece you want as long as it fits, as they’re not all a standard size. You can even make your own, as some here have. Personally, I’m not keen on the Suzuki mouthpieces either

Alan Brinton
    Participant

I don’t think your Hohner mouth piece will fit the Suzuki, Olivier. Try it and see.

Paul Durham
    Participant

So glad to hear you got an M37C. It is a fabulous instrument with beautiful tone.

Paul Durham
    Participant

Got around to pulling out my Susuki today and found that both the perfornmer and student had mouthpieces that were compatible with the M37C. Good Playing !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button