Hohner melodica mic n 36

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dan
    Participant

Does anyone know anything about the hohner melodica mic N 36 microphone?

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Hello Dan, I take it you saw the one up on Ebay. I own the 36-N, unfortunately it is not a very good mic. The main reason is simple, it is a high impedance mic, and feed back is pretty bad. Even if you have an acoustic amplifier you may get a little bit more volumne. You are also limited to about a 5-7 foot cord. What is worth the money is the housing. You can remove the mic it comes with and install a low impedeance mic or use an accordion pick up and install it in the housing, you will get a lot more volumne and bottom. I purchased mine for that reason, one of the problems the Piano-36 is that the sound come from above and through the keys. Unlike the Pro-36 that has vented sound holes where you can stick a Myers pick up and not pick up the keys clanking. Let me know if you would like for me to take pictures of it and send them to you or post. Mine is not modified yet, I don’t use my Piano-36 to much so I am in no rush to make the mods yet. Plus I use a Myers pick up on my Pro-36.

Melodica-Me
    Monster Of Melodica

Dan
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I did see the mic N 36 on eBay. I guess there is a reason that it’s rare. I appreciate the information.

Alan Brinton
    Participant

You guys are not talking about the Hohner HMA-36 Microphone are you? I saw one recently in an auction and it seemed to be going for $5, so I put in a $50 maximum bid. It sold for something like $50.10.

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Hi Alan, no this is not the one, the one on Ebay is a 36 N This is for the Pro-36 the 36 N has a square back the HMA 36 has a round back or octagon shape and has (2) metal flanges to go over the moisture release cap and the mouth piece the 36 N has two spring coils that basically do the same work. The 36 N will not work on the Pro 36, it is my understanding that the HMA 36 will work on both.

Melodica-Me

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button