Hohner Melodica, classic versus new

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    Bruno Travi
    Participant

Hi Allan .
    I will take pictures of the flyers that come with all three versions. are very different and perhaps give a clue.

The information on the Hohner website is very bad. For example the picture I have with my name is a Hohner accordina announced at auction. I searched for information and found nothing.

Alan Brinton
    Participant

I definitely would like to see photos of the brochures, Bruno. I have been in contact with the museum, which had a showing of Hohner melodicas a few years ago. But pinning down the dates of specific models is a challenge. Suzuki is the one company that provides detailed historical information.

Bruno Travi
    Participant
    Alan Brinton
    Participant

Did the second brochure come with the Piano 36, Bruno? I have another version of that same brochure that came with my Piano 26. Color is included and the paper is not faded as on the older brochure. So this brochure is much more recent. I also have an older brochure that is faded. I have been scanning brochures and will post some of them. I have also done image searches for them, but have not found much of interest.

Bruno Travi
    Participant

Yes, they came with the Hohner Piano 36.
    The best version is the second.
    The third version is when Hohner was bought by KHS Musical Instrument Co. Ltd. of Taiwan in 1997. The production moved to China and the Germany machinery dismantled, some was to the museum.
    The third version of the Piano 36 has worst materials, the reeds detuning and oxidize faster than the first and second generation.

Alan Brinton
    Participant

I didn’t know Hohner was bought by KHS in 1997. That perhaps explains a lot. I am in Mexico but will be home in a few days and will examine my three of the Piano 36. If the reeds changed, that would be a rather serious matter..

Bruno Travi
    Participant

Alan good news !
    I was on safari on the web and i have “hunted” very interesting Hohner official information !
    Even to know the future of their melodic

Alan Brinton
    Participant

That is good news, Bruno. I thought you might find something. What do we know now that we didn’t know before your safari?

Bruno Travi
    Participant

Alan, if you want I can send you more information to your email.

Alan Brinton
    Participant

That would be very good, Bruno. That way I can tell you more about what I am doing. I have added my email address to the “Anything To Ad” section of my profile.

Alan Brinton
    Participant

Bruno, I think I have realized that some of these brochures are dated. On the bottom of the first page of your 2nd Gen Piano 36 brochure there is a “9/80” and now I discover a similar notation on the bottom of the last page of a brochure I have for the early series Piano 27, “11/68”. This melodica came out in 1963 or 1964, so the brochure date does not tell us when the model first appeared. But it does tell us that the melodica was in production in 1968.

Ofir
    Participant

Melodica-Me, as you own the Piano, Pro and Solist, can you please weight these so it can be added to the review section? (and I would also appreciate a quote in this post, until Daren puts it in place)
    Although reading that there is a weight difference, I’m really interested in how much.
    Thanks

Alan Brinton
    Participant

I think it might be worth your while to try a Hohner Piano 36, Ofir. There are lots of them around, and it’s not so hard to find one in working order for $100 or so. Whether you’d prefer it to your Yamaha is hard to predict, but playing one might give some indication as to what to the direction you’re moving in if you invest in a Hohner Professional, though I take the word of those who own them that its significantly better than the Piano 36. I appreciate the distinctive sound of the Piano 36 but don’t like it as well as the Yamahas.

Ofir
    Participant

Bruno, can you please repair the links from message #4114?
    (Brochures of the 2nd and 3rd gen piano 36)
    It seems to be removed.
    Thanks!

Burstup
    Participant

Hello everyone. I bought a Professional 36 last week on eBay. It was expensive (€300) but advertised as “in very good condition” and the pictures looked really good. Well, I just got it – and it’s amazing. It sounds so sweet and in tune even though I didn’t even had it tuned yet. I am overwhelmed. Gotta play with it a bit more now. But I will post a thorough review soon!

PS: I registered on this awesome website only a few days ago. My other melodicas are: Piano 26 (metal, three screw and five screw versions), Piano 27 (metal), Superforce 37, Airboard Rasta 32 and Piano 32 Jubilee edition. I will post reviews for all of them later this week.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button