Hohner HM-36

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Alan Brinton
    Participant

Wonderful! The animation is so life-like, so much like watching real dancers, and so nicely interwoven with the beauty of your playing. Thank you for sharing this with us.

albalex
    Participant

Hello Alan
    thanks to all of you who have made me passionate about this beautiful instrument …….
    thank you very much

albalex
    Participant

For the sound I’m using a stereo compressor of DBX 266XS in order to have more presence in Live and trigger the gate to balance the microphone AKG for wind instrument…..

Lowboy
    Participant

Hi Kevin and others,

The following applies to a Hohner Piano 36.

I have noticed lately that if I have my mic (a Sure SM 57) on the left side of the keyboard, the amplified sound is brighter and has more harmonics. If I have the mic on the right sight of the keyboard, the sound is louder, fuller, darker, smoother, and has fewer harmonic overtones. I prefer the latter but will use both positions depending upon the sound I want.

The above observation suggests that when recording or amplifying a melodica, one should try different microphone positions. The difference in tonality can be significant.

When the mic is on the right side, it tends to get in the way of playing.

Lowboy

albalex
    Participant

Hello Lowboy
    you’re absolutely right. In fact, I prefer to put the microphone on the left side of the keyboard and the eighth to give more strength to the low-pitched sounds and turns a darker sound ….
    I also prefer a microphone for wind instruments, tweezers just because I put it at 1 cm from the keys + the compressor and the sound is more full.
    I’ve tried it with a SM57 but the distance penalizes the fullness of the sound …..
    forgive my english …..

albalex
    Participant

Hi all
    here is another craving …….

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button