Hohner HM-36

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    albalex
    Participant

hello
    I finally decided and bought the melodic Hohner HM-36. Great is the mechanical keys and sound. I prefer this model to those Suzuki. I finally found peace ……

Kevin
    Participant

Congratulations! I hope you will enjoy the HM-36 and hope it will take you to new musical experiences.

Lowboy
    Participant

Hi Albalex,

The HM-36 is my favorite melodica at this writing. I have only been exploring the melodica for a couple of months and have limited experience playing other models and brands of melodicas. So that could change. However, the Hohner does it for me now.

I would like to get my hands one of those Hohner melodicas with the pipes on it. I heard one being played and I thought the sound was nice.

Lowboy

albalex
    Participant

hello
    Meanwhile, thank you for your answers ….. for me is the best I’ve played melodic. I had the PRO 37V2 and pianica 37D.
    I play the melody without mouthpieces and pipes but the sound directly from the entrance. I like to play it so …..
    Really a shame that Hohner has stopped producing this model ….. an update would be perfect!

Kevin
    Participant

Ablaex,
    I don’t know if you saw it, we got into quite a discussion on this post:

Hohner Piano 36

about playing the HM-36 directly without a mouthpiece or tube.

Yes, it would be great if Hohner would bring it back but if you look at the video I posted under Looks like another new Hohner it seems their attitude is that the Piano-36 is musty,dusty! >:(

albalex
    Participant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foo2AFzYv4U

Hello Kevin
    I repeat …. I love playing without the mouthpiece. This is my first video with the HM-36 … I hope you like it!

Daren
    Keymaster

That’s lovely Alex. Such a nice tune as well. And your arrangement I presume? It’s funny, I’m also learning this, and hoping to get a version up on youtube one day. Looks like you beat me to it!

albalex
    Participant

Hi Troy
    thank you very much ….

albalex
    Participant

Here’s another ……

Kevin
    Participant

Very nice Alex. I’m interested in the tone you achieve. It’s very dark and fits the song so well. Did you record from the back side of the melodica toward the mic or mute it in some way.
    Thank-You for sharing your video!

albalex
    Participant

Hello Kevin
    thank you very much ……
    in the second video I tilted the microphone in parallel to the lateral part of the melody. In fact, the sound is darker and full of harmonics ……
    These days will adjust Oblivion with a sound that is more akin to that of a Bandoneòn and is the sound that I like ….
    Pardon my English …..

albalex
    Participant

hello
    this is my last job …… I hope will be appreciated.

Lowboy
    Participant

Albalex,

Your tone and playing are very nice. I am also curious if you compose and play the background music and do the animation?

If so, you are truly a creative person.

Lowboy

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Albalex, great work, I have wanted to record Oblivion for a long time as well.
    Melodica-Me

albalex
    Participant

Hello
    Grazie….grazie e grazie!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button