Hohner 36 N melodica microphone on ebay 18hrs to go

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Adam Tombs
    Participant

item number 32172894435, looks to be in good working and cosmetic condition.

Ofir
    Participant

I’ve seen one sold on Ebay some time ago, may be the same one.
    Does anyone know if it has any benefit over good modern microphones?

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Ofir, unfortunately the N-36 is made for the Hohner Piano 36 and will not work with the Professional 36. The N-36 captures the sound from above and back of the keys. The Professional 36 sound comes from the edge/side from the sound hole vents. Also it is a high impedance mic pick up, it works good for blues on a standard guitar amplifier with the Hohner Piano 36 but feed back is a big issue. If you want a pick up for your Professional 36 go to Myers.com I have a couple and they work great. Of course a good microphone is always good and easier to come by I personally like the Sennheiser 421 for a nice round bottom end with nice mids and highs My personal choice that works for me. The advantage of the Myers Pickup is that it has a volume control that you control and don’t have to be stuck in front of a microphone. I plug my pick up into a SanAmp Para Driver D.I box. This D.I. allows the user to EQ before it goes to the main house system and it also boost your pick up volume. A very nice D.I. with a great pick up will give you more control over the sound you want to hear than letting your sound be controlled by an engineer that does not know or understand your specific needs. Not That an engineer cant find what you want but when on stage and you want to change it up, you can do it your self. Just a though

http://myerspickups.com/melodicas.html

Melodica-Me

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Sorry one more thing, I own the N-36 and I personally think that you would not like the sound it produces. If you want pictures of it let me know and I will post.

Melodica-Me

Ofir
    Participant

Thank you, Melodica-Me!
    I still need to get my new instrument (The Aussie post seems lazy these days..) before starting to look for a pickup for it, but yet I was interested (intellectually) and you supplied an answer beyond my needs.

I’m sure that I will check Myers pickups and SanAmp DI, as I well appreciate the opportunity of setting up my sound by myself. On many of my concerts I don’t really have a way of getting the sound of the PA, as only the monitors are audible on stage. (and if I ask someone else to play while I’m listening, it will be a different player, hence a different sound..)

Also, I really appreciate the last note of trying to math my taste. Using your vast experience, I’m sure that I can get useful inputs from you on how to design my sound. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button