Help with Finding Vibrandoneon Reeds

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Binyomin
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m new here. Looking forward to ‘meeting’ you all.

I’m having an issue with my vibrandoneon, which I have been unsuccessfully attempting to obtain replacement reeds for from Victoria for close to a year. I haven’t had a response to multiple follow up emails over many months, despite assurances that they were preparing the replacements and they’d “be ready by the end of this [that] week”.

Does anyone here have any information about where else I might be able to obtain replacement reeds for the vibrandoneon, and/or about the specs for the stainless steel used for the reeds? I do have a local accordion tech who can craft the reeds for me, if I obtain the specs/material for him. I tried replacing using accordion reeds, but they rusted pretty quickly, so need to find a solution ASAP.

Thank you for your help!

Binyomin

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Hello Binyomin, I too had the same problem with my Vibrandoneon, The accordion shop that serviced my Vibrandoneon was able to replace my reeds. Here is the Web site for Binci the reed maker, send them a email and they will respond

http://www.binci.it/

Good Luck

Melodica-Me

Binyomin
    Participant

Oh wow, thank you for the fast response!

Binyomin
    Participant

Do you happen to have a direct email address for them? I tried using the form on their site, and when I hit send, I get a “this page doesn’t exist” error message. Not sure if the form is working. Thanks again!

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Binyomin, try vocibinci@yahoo.it they just wrote back to me asking which one is needed. I gave them your name as well

Melodica-me

Daren
    Keymaster

Hi Binyomin. Do let us know what the reeds are called for future reference. I haven’t needed to replace any Vibro reeds yet. But I know what you mean about the slow Victoria service!!

Binyomin
    Participant

I just heard back from Binci and they don’t make vibrandoneon reeds. Does anyone here know what the specs/material they are made out of is, and where I can order some? I have an accordion tech here in NYC who can craft the reeds for me, if I get him the material.

It is about ten months that I have been trying to get replacement reeds from Victoria for my instrument. The customer support is beyond horrid. I need to find a way, outside of relying on Victoria, to obtain replacement reeds when needed.

Melodica-Me
    Participant

That’s strange, the Vibrandoneon uses Binci reeds? I wonder if they just don’t make them anymore since the Vibrandoneon has been discontinued through Victoria. I went to Dave’s Accordion in Atwater CA they replaced one for me and no sound difference in tone or volume. Maybe your accordion repair guy you know in NY can make one for you or replace the tounge portion.
    Good luck Binyomin.
    Melodica-Me

Melodica-Me
    Participant

That’s strange, the Vibrandoneon uses Binci reeds? I wonder if they just don’t make them anymore since the Vibrandoneon has been discontinued through Victoria. I went to Dave’s Accordion in Atwater CA they replaced one for me and no sound difference in tone or volume. Maybe your accordion repair guy you know in NY can make one for you or replace the tounge portion using the same reed block.
    Good luck Binyomin.
    Melodica-Me

Binyomin
    Participant

Binci’s reply: “Binci fdactory not build reeds for virabandoneon.”

I’ve tried having a local accordion guy replace the reeds. My accordion guy made me one out of whatever accordion reeds are usually made of. There was a very slight tonal difference that became more pronounced/softer in volume over time. When my next reed broke while on tour, and the local accordion guy opened the instrument, we discovered that the replacement reed had rusted and was not in good condition, so it’s clear that I need the same rust-resistant material to craft new reeds. If I had the specs/supplier info, I could get some and have my craftsman make the reeds from that. Unfortunately, Victoria is not being helpful with regard to sharing that information. They tell me I can get the reeds from them, and then don’t respond for months…

Does anyone know what the specs for the reed material are and where I can get it? I believe it is Swedish stainless steel.

Thanks!

Daren
    Keymaster

Binyomin, have you spoken to Martin Maurer? He sells and repairs free reed instruments, and speaks good English

http://www.akkordeon-maurer.de/verkauf.asp?id=3&id2=10&lang=2

Binyomin
    Participant

Thanks, Troy. I’ll contact him.

Daren
    Keymaster

Hi Binyomin, did you have any luck with the Vibradoneon reeds?

Binyomin
    Participant

Hi Troy,

Martin Maurer is being helpful. He gave me the contact info for the two companies, Binci and Cagnoni, that made reeds for the instrument. Binci said they don’t make reeds for vibrandoneon, and Cagnoni didn’t respond to several emails.

Martin emailed me just the other day to say that he could obtain a complete replacement set, plus duplicates of the ones I already need, but the price he quoted is pretty steep. I’m working out if I can fund that now. He’s been superb in terms of communication and sharing information. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Daren
    Keymaster

Maybe buying more sets would bring the price down. I’m interested in buying a couple of complete sets (depending on price of course). What sort of price are you being quoted?

There’s someone else I can ask as well, who regularly orders from accordion manufacturers in Italy. I’ll email him and see if he’d be able to order some sets, and how much that would be. Is there a technical name for these reeds, i.e. material and size?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button