Hammond hyper 44 melodica

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    MARK Issadore
    Participant

Hi
    I have been cosidering buying the Hammond 44 for a while now.
    I own the yamaha p32d,p37d and Suzuki m37c.
    i
    I am pretty happy with all of them.
    Is there that vast of a difference in sounds and key bed to justify a $500-$600 expense?In addition the Hammonds with 44 keys seem to be too long and cumbersome.
    Then again you are getting 8 extra keys to be more creative.
    When the hammond 44’s first came out they seemed to be targeting Hammond organ players as an extra musical device to place on top of the Hammond for an added variety of sounds.
    If Hammond came out with a 37 key melodica with !/4 inch jack I would be more likely to go for it
    Also does anyone have a Suzuki pro37 v3 and are you happy with it?
    I have an m37c which is about 1/3 of the cost.
    What do you guys think?
    Thanks

Daren
    Keymaster

I think you need one to complete your collection 🙂

I agree with you about it being too long. If there was a smaller one, 34-37 keys, I’d think about playing one.

There is a noticeable upgrade in key bed and reed quality though

Kevin
    Participant

Hi Mark,

does anyone have a Suzuki pro37 v3 and are you happy with it?
    I have an m37c which is about 1/3 of the cost.
    What do you guys think?

I have owned the PRO-37V3 and now do own the m37c.
    No, I wasn’t happy with the Pro-37V3. You may have seen my video where I go over some of it’s shortcomings in some detail. There is nothing about it to justify the increased price.
    The m37c is a superior instrument. Takes less breath, easier to hold and I think sounds better.

Lamar
    Participant

Hi, Mark,

I have an M37C Melodion and a Hammond Pro 44 HP V2. The Hammond has studs for inexpensive guitar straps and that’s what I use to play it. (I’ve been experimenting with playing with both hands.) The Hammond is by far my favorite melodica to play. I LIKE having that octave below middle C, and the reed response is quick without any excessive air requirement. I also ordered a spare set of reeds for it (from Japan), as I intend to keep it at least until the cows come home.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button