Hammond HP44 Pickup is Flaky

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Colleen
    Participant

New member here. Played a Hohner 37 for years last year finally decided to bite & get the Hammond 44HP because I work in situations where the amplifed instruments will just swallow it’s sound even though it is very bright and loud. I have taken it to a jam a few months ago and the pickup worked there. & it seems I have gotten it to work on my home setup as well tho’ not real recently. It doesn’t seem to work currently on my home setup. I have tried both stereo and mono 1/4″ instrument cables, different channels in the mixer, cranked up the gain, cranked up the level, cranked the little twiddler on the melodica itself and I can’t get a signal. Everything beyond the melodica seems to be working, i.e. If I plug that same cable into something else it works fine. This melodica is less than 1 yr old so perhaps it’s under warranty. Can anyone think of anthing I am doing wrong.

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Hello Colleen, there are a few things you can do. First you can purchase a line transformer, I purchased mine at radio Shack. If you need something with more control you can purchase a Clean Boost Pedal with gain control, available at places like Guitar Center or Sam Ash music stores as well as on EBay. last, what I use is a SansAmp Para drive DI box with EQ and gain ” this pedal gives you the added feature of equalization as well as A low impedance XLE output that can send a feed to a house PA system and your amplifier at the same time. Anyone of these devices connected between your Hammond 44 and you amplifier should give you what you need. Remember you may will need to play with the volume on your Hammond, pedal and amplifier to give you the right balance for tone. Hope this helps and if you have any questions let me know I can send you some pictures. By the way, what amplifier are you running.
    Melodica-Me

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button