Hammond 44 or 44HP

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Hamad Rajab
    Participant

Hi guys,

i’m currently thinking of buying the Hammond 44 or 44hp, currently i’m using the Suzuki M-37C and want to buy a new melodica for better recording and that sounds less like a harmonica and more like an accordion or a brass instrument. could you please share some of your experience. i need it for my first album

Regards,
    Hamad

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Hello Hamad, I own both the 44 and the 44HP for the sound that you are looking for I would probably say that the 44 HP would be your best bet. Check out the Monsters of Melodica video “Giant Steps” or “Spain” we feature the Hammond 44HP on these recordings. For a darker tone listen the video “Sugar” in the Solo portion, we features the Hammond 44 on that one. I like them both equal.
    Melodica-Me

Daren
    Keymaster

Hi Hamad,

If you’re looking for a tone very similar to an accordion, you’d need a melodica with accordion style reeds. Unfortunately there aren’t any being made (apart from personal projects) at the moment. But if you have the budget, maybe look out for a secondhand Vibrandoneon, which can definitely be describes as both brassy and accordion like.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button