Hammond 44 Hyper vs Vibrandoneon

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jerry Ballard
    Participant

Melodica-me…
    In the Fender Amp thread you indicate that the Hammond 44 Hyper is closest in tone to the Vibrandoneon.
    Could you elaborate? Perhaps place the Hyper on a 1-10 scale where 10 is the Vibrandoneon?
    What kind of reeds are on the Hammond?

I’m losing hope on the Ballone Burini Vibrandoneon, and need a backup/practice instrument to minimize the wear/tear on my beloved Victoria.

Is the Hammond 44 Hyper my best choice, or are there other options to consider.

tks
    Jerry

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Jerry, I try not to use my Vibrandoneon to much as well. I have broken a couple of reeds and every time my repair guy has to make them so I tend to use the Hammond Hyper a lot more, to me its the closes to that Vibrandoneon timbre, but it does not sound like a Vibrandoneon nor feel like one. I would prefer to use the Clavietta but its just not loud enough and the keyboard is limited. The Hammond Hyper has worked out great for me. It has a much faster key response and the air chamber is by far tighter. The larger keyboard is a big plus for me. I purchased a set of reeds for it a few months back, about $75.00 plus shipping. I also ordered the gasket for $5 bucks at the same time just incase.
    I think you will like it for backup or just to use in general.
    Melodica-Me

Jerry Ballard
    Participant

Are you giving up on the Ballone Burini Vibrandoneon or do you hold out hope?
    And is the Clavietta still available anywhere?

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Jerry, let’s put it this way, I have my eye on an accordina. If Ballone Burini does not release it soon I will get what I want now and start saving for it again. Heck I don’t even know what they are going for. I put $3,500 aside hoping that the wood one with the larger keyboard is not much more than that. I am really interested in the plastic one as well, which I hope is less, they do not show a large keyboard for the plastic version, only for the wood version. How about you?.
    Melodica-Me

Melodica-Me
    Participant

La Clavietta is only available used. They no longer make it. Make sure if you buy one that it is in excellent shape physically. If you see one with crooked, broken or missing keys or with the comment “some notes do not play” or there is a “rattle” sound stay away. It takes a bit to get them working good and leak free. A matter of fact there is a leak factor specifically designed in to the Clavietta. That’s what gives it the loud soft effect. The good ones start from $200 on ebay and usually sell for as high as $400/$500. Matin Maurer sell reconditions ones sometimes. He just join the group last week. I think he has one for sale on his site.

http://www.akkordeon-maurer.de/verkauf.asp?id=3&id2=10&lang=1

Check it out, you may need to hit the translate button.
    Melodica-Me

Jerry Ballard
    Participant

I’d prefer a 37-pw to the 45.
    3 more than the Vibrandoneon’s 34 is plenty. 45 seems too bulky.
    Plastic may be fine, but I don’t know how much plastic vs wood makes a difference in sound.
    One thing for sure is that Burini will have to work hard to match the beauty of the Victoria wood.
    I have to believe they would have taken it off their site if they weren’t planning on releasing it (removal of picture notwithstanding.)

Melodica-Me
    Participant

It may be a production issue. Guido Tononi creator of the original Vibrandoneon has played it but no comments on its performace, the comments he did make we’re that of his frustration with Ballone Burinis issues with releasing product. On the 37 vrs 45 I will take all I can get lol
    Melodica-Me

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button