Hammond 44 and Hyper reed plates

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Melodica-Me
    Participant

As mentioned in a prior post. I had ordered some reed plates from an on-line store from Japan when the the USA Hammond Suzuki online store did not sell them direct. Just want to say that the online store in Japan did a great job in getting them to me fast and at a great price. I have attached a few pictures. I only replaced the plate I needed and not all four as why replace the ones that are still good right? The plate came out easy and the existing gasket was not damaged so it was a very simple change all in all about 20 minutes taking my time. I am going to order the reed plates for my Hammond bass and soprano Melodions just to have on hand.
    Melodica-Me
    monsters of Melodica

Screen Shot 2015-05-15 at 12.16.08

Screen Shot 2015-05-15 at 12.16.19

Screen Shot 2015-05-15 at 12.16.29

Screen Shot 2015-05-15 at 12.16.39

Screen Shot 2015-05-15 at 12.16.49

Tom Teasley
    Participant

Thanks for the pics and info.- Tom

Shannon M
    Participant

Hi MM,

I know this is an old post, but I seem to have missed it before. Are the reeds brass of Stainless Steel? Can’t tell from the pics.

Thanks,

Shannon M

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Hello Shannon the reeds for the Hammond 44 are made of phosphorous bronze. if you find a reed maker that makes custom reeds please share.
    Thank you
    Melodica-Me

Hi there, I see this is an old post but do you remember where you ordered these plates from? I’m struggling to find anything online at the minute.

Thanks
    Nathan

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Hello Nathan, this was 2 years ago and you will need to go to their site and see if they still sell the reeds

They are a online store in Japan westmusic_2@shop.rakuten.co.jp
    Att: Go Kawamoto
    Website
    http:/www.rakuten.co.jp/westmusic/. They were very helpful

I hope this helps
    Melodica-Me

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button