Georgia On My Mind on Hammond 44H

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Joanna Funk
    Participant

Hi melodica folks,

I’m really enjoying the sound of this melodica, it’s so mellow compared to the Suzuki Pro-37, not so bright at the high end. I’m a bit irritated with myself for preferring to play it without a mouthpiece, like I ought to have bought a shorter instrument, like the new Yamaha one recently discussed on this forum. But still, it’s superior to what I had, and maybe I’ll use a mouthpiece later. My timing’s a bit erratic – fast then lagging. But the sound is nice, and I sometimes play a chord, blowing gently to see if all the notes come out evenly. One thing, the sound doesn’t pick up using the output jack directly to my PreSonus AudioBox/ StudioOne recording software. So I ran it through my Roland Keyboard amp, then into the audiobox, then it was quite loud. I hope you like it.

[audio src="https://joannafunkeventpianist.files.wordpress.com/2018/06/georgia-on-my-mind-on-melodica.mp3" /]

Joanna Funk
    Participant

I just listened to the Monsters of Melodica video Chameleon, so good to hear the different melodica players. Now that I’ve heard Mario Duenas play a Suzuki Pro-37 v2 I wish I could remove my comments earlier! Superb.

Alan Brinton
    Participant

I think your earlier comments comparing the Pro-37 and the Hammond were on target, Joanna. I really like what you’re doing on this recording. It’s lovely.

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Joanna, it sounds like you are progressing well and on a good path, very nice playing. Playing without a mouth piece creates a greater connection with your melodica, many players prefer not to use one like Mario Duenas. Also your choice in the Hammond will not disappoint you, it is one of my most used melodeons I have. Once you get really comfortable with the keyboard you will not notice it. I don’t look at the keys when I play so I don’t notice it. Keep up the great work, looks like you are ready for Monsters of Melodica World Session IV 🙂

Melodica-Me

Joanna Funk
    Participant

Dear Alan and MM, thank you for the encouragement. I do appreciate it. And Monsters of Melodica World Session IV? Wow! ?

Alan Brinton
    Participant

O, Joanna! You are something else. I hope you don’t mind my providing the link:

https://joannafunk.com/2018/05/11/new-baby-hammond-pro-44h-audio/

Joanna Funk
    Participant

Alan, you are funny. I’m glad you like it ?

Lowboy
    Participant

Beautiful instrument and beautiful playing and beautiful lady. You have it all going on Joanna. Lowboy

Alan Brinton
    Participant

Quite ready for prime time.

Joanna Funk
    Participant

Lowboy and Alan,(and MM and Daren) this forum is a really special space. TQ. I’ll keep my posts lean, and make sure they have good content, whether it’s questions or recordings. Melodica is really where I want to grow, for life.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button