folk plays

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Altair
    Participant

Hello dear friends! I’ m a fresh member and I search frantically a melodica suitable to my plays. I want to match it with traditional greek and arab instruments, so I think I prefer a bass melodica(I find it more close to clarinet!). However, having already a classic hohner 32, I definately need more keys. In all cases, I prefer not to exceed 150$. What would you suggest? I’m sorry if my new thread was not necessary

Alan Brinton
    Participant

Hello, Altair.

See if you like the sound of the melodica Tom Teasley is playing under “Members’ melodica recordings.” It is a Suzuki M-37C, which costs about $100.

Dance For Arvasu

Whispers in the Wind

The Yamaha P-37D for about $110 is another to consider for more of a clarinet sound (in my opinion). Listen to Daren’s video on circular breathing.

https://melodicaworld.com/video/irish-melodica/

Alan

Altair
    Participant

Hello Alan,
    It’s the first time I get a specific reply in a forum! You are right about both the yamahaP37D and the suzuki, especially yamaha’s sound fits perfect in any genre of music. I also saw a 13 melodicas-comparison video and I stucked into the hohner jubilee. I can’t find any for sell though…Maybe you know something about this one?

Alan Brinton
    Participant

It depends on where you are located. But they can be ordered directly from Japan. Shipping from Japan to the U.S. is usually about $35. I have ordered through Rakuten Global. There are different companies that sell through Rakuten. Chuya Online is one that’s good. I don’t see one of those right now, but here’s another.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/mikigakki/item/4960693023419/

If there is an Amazon.com site for your country, they should have both of these melodicas.

Alan Brinton
    Participant

Both of these melodicas also can be purchased through eBay.

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Altair, the Jubilee is a anniversary melodica that was made in a limited run. If you read the review my Daren in the discription notes in the review page here on Melodicaworld it will give you a good indication of what to expect from this beauty. I have seen these run for about $150.00-$200.00 for a nice one. Mostly a collectors melodica than a solid performer. I have also looked for for one and have only seen 2. One went for to much and the other was beaten up so it had no colector value. Ebay is the best place to find one but expect to pay for the looks rather than the sound.
    Melodica-Me

Alan Brinton
    Participant

Sorry I didn’t answer the right question — about the Jubilee. But the Jubilee is a 32 key melodica, and I’m pretty sure it’s just a special limited edition of the Piano 32 that’s reviewed here.

Hohner Melodica Piano 32

These can be found on eBay. It has a very muted sound that you might not like and probably is not responsive enough for the kind of music you want to play.

Altair
    Participant

What a coincidence! I just got an old piano32 from a friend of mine who searched in her childhood stuff and I’ m trying to repair it a little now. Very smooth sound, not responsive at all though, maybe because of the rusty metals inside. I’m gonna also try the yamaha in the local shops the next days and I ‘ll tell you my impressions

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button