Educational teaching melodica

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Daren
    Keymaster

Suzuki OHP 25

Interesting Suzuki melodica which connects to some sort of overhead projector for pupils to observe

http://doremi-music.de/test/melodicas.html

jazzman1945
    Participant

That is what must be a symbol of educational melodica:

jazzman1945
    Participant

Any melodica is a wonderful educational tool, if you do not try to turn it into a pitiful semblance of a piano.

The effect would be much stronger if the children started with the pronunciations text of native song through melodica …

jazzman1945
    Participant

In fact, there are no special educational melodicas. Any instrument that a child can hold in their hands (except cannon Hammond 44), is initially educational. And again the children sit, chained to tables with melodics as in this Japanese video – The problem is inertia of thinking, automatically determines the melodica to the role of small wind piano. And again the children sit, chained to tables with melodics as in this video – it instead to bring children into the yard, the garden, to the grove, so they can play during free and joyful movement. Kids love it -higher video.

Alan Brinton
    Participant

The Suzuki OHP-25 is referred to in a WorthPoint listing as in “incredibly rare 60s suck-blow melodica” — I think this must be a mis-description, but I thought it should be mentioned. I have seen it referred to in a Suzuki source (sorry I don’t have a link) as designed for use by teachers in instruction, for which overhead projection would make sense.

jazzman1945
    Participant

jazzman1945
    Participant

Last year I conducted a number of experiments with melodica that clearly prove that with its help, even people without musical ear can sing pitches pretty accurate; and having an a musical ear sings them even more accurately.

Pam A
    Participant

Jazzman1945, your videos are really delightful! I especially enjoyed the kids at camp. Really great to see kids rocking out making music.

jazzman1945
    Participant

Thank you, Pam! I try to make every effort, wherever possible, to promote melodica as the most appropriate instrument for initial musical education of both children and adults.In the field of rhythmic feeling this tool has no rivals except harmonics, but almost 99.999999% of teachers do not know it – conservative pedagogical habits are stubborn things – like a chronic disease.However, in all my students, there are problems of rhythm; and almost all have the melodica; by which rhythmic problems are solved in a matter of minutes rather than weeks.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

jazzman1945
    Participant

Children melodion orchestra

This is called ” To hammer nails with a microscope.” Children are sitting as statues and play a march, which pulls walking! Educators in Japan haven’t yet seen the biggest advantage of melodica
    before any keyboard instruments : the possibility to walk while playing and even dance , what tightly connects music with the rhythm of body, rather than of fingertips.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button