Down to a choice of 3…. opinions?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jerry Ballard
    Participant

(Reposting this from a reply to another thread to give it its own topic…)

I’m thinking its coming down to the following as my practice instrument (so that I can put less wear and tear on my Vibrandoneon.)

Suzuki PRO-37V2
    Yamaha P37D
    old Hohner P36

Anyone know of a reason that the Suzuki would be worth 100 more than the Yamaha?

Alan Brinton
    Participant

I have owned all three of these, Jerry, and do not regard the Pro-37v2 as worth more than the Yamaha P-37D. But you might also consider the Suzuki M-37C, which is much less expensive than the Pro-37v2 and not much different except for the cosmetics. Or the Yamaha P-32D, Suzuki M-32C, or Suzuki A-34C (which has the same key range as the Vibrandoneon).

Ofir
    Participant

Yamaha vs. Hohner piano: (I only have these two)
    The Yamaha’s sound is more of an accordion; the Hohner is more of a clarinet. (Others may disagree, this is my own impression.)
    The Yamaha responds very vast, is very much air tight and slight changes in sound are fairly easy to produce; the Hohner is slower to act and generally less responsive.
    The Yamaha will arrive perfectly air tight, whereas on the Hohner you may need to work it out.
    Both are similarly loud, and weight roughly the same (coming from a Vibrandoneon you won’t feel the difference).

I find the sound of the Suzukis (and Hammond as well) to be too aggressive for me, but it’s definitely my taste and NOT a rule of nature.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button