clavietta reeds needed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Shannon M
    Participant

Friends,

I am in need of a couple of clavietta reeds-the highest Ab and B. These are reeds #6 and 7 from the high end. I would prefer NOS if available, but beggars can’t be choosers. Please let me know if you can help and what you want for them.

Thanks,

Shannon

Alan Brinton
    Participant

Your best bet might be a back-up parts Clavietta, Shannon. If you can’t find the individual reeds at a reasonable price, I have one that I might be willing to sell for what it cost me plus postage — I’d have to check to see what I paid for it. I’m reluctant to start parting it out. But I have one more than I believe I’ll ever make use of.

Shannon M
    Participant

Hi Alan,

I am not opposed to that at all, I’d actually prefer it, but I live in a semi-rural area and do not have access to instruments other than thru online sites. I have been looking for a reasonably priced parts instrument for some months, but everyone seems to think these are made of solid gold or something. The prices are crazy.

I would certainly consider buying your instrument, if you want to “part” with it. Let me know what you need to get for it. My email is in my profile.

Thanks,

Shannon

Alan Brinton
    Participant

I know what you mean about Clavietta prices, but there are occasional bargains to be found. The best one I have is playable and was $175. My “parts” Clavietta I originally bought thinking I’d try to refurbish it, but since then I’ve gotten two more with better washers and gaskets. I still have this one apart, which is how I would send it. It was not playable, but the reeds appear to be in very good condition and all intact. I’ll send you an email with a couple of photos.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button