clavietta

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Neil Thornock
    Participant

Heartbreaking… I dropped my Clavietta and it burst.

Not sure it can be repaired or if it would even be worth it.

broken clavietta

Advice?

Could anybody use it for parts?

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Hi Neil, the clavietta is pretty stout. What parts broke, I may have a few I can send your way.
    Take a pic of each part and let me check.
    Melodica-Me

Melodica-Me
    Participant

I have the end caps but what is the black piece? It looks like you broke a washer that is why the g key is down all easy fixes
    Melodica-Me

Neil Thornock
    Participant

Oh, man, I would love to fix this! There are some black pieces that broke off from along the back of the instrument — the little screws are supposed to screw into them, I think.

The instrument is at work, so I’ll take some better pics on Monday to post here.

So thrilled that you might be able to help me fix it.

Many thanks.
    Neil

Neil Thornock
    Participant

Looking at this again I’m not sure how repairable it is … some of the damage is to the large black plastic “seat” that the reeds glue on (I think) — more than cosmetic. This is the part that holds the spring-screws in place. Ugh. Curious to see what you think.

clavietta damage 1

clavietta damage 2

clavietta damage 3

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Yikes, that’s not good. Your best bet is to go to eBay and buy one for parts spend no more than $50.00 you can use it for hard washers, reeds and the base plate. I have a few I am using to repair other clavietta.
    Melodica-Me

Neil Thornock
    Participant

Well, unfortunately, that sounds like too much of a project for me! Not sure where I’d start. I’d rather by another one… although I had yet to really use this one.

Might just put it out there for parts…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button