Borel clavietta leakage

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gianandrea
    Participant

Hi from Gianandrea, Italy; I am a harmonica player (I play chord, bass, diatonic and chromatic harmonicas) that recently has bought a vintage Borel’s Clavietta; this instrument is cool bit when I tried to play it I felt a heavy air leakage that prevented the clavietta to be played; so after dismantelling it, I discovered the reason; virtually all the plastic rings were dry, some had broken or missed. I have experience with harmonica reply but I miss any experience with melodicas; I know that there are many experts in this forum; can somebody give me some tips; for instance, where can I find those plastic rings; in the case that nobody produce or sell the proper substitutes, what can I use as alternatives; any help is welcome.

Alan Brinton
    Participant

Hi, From Gianandrea. Our member Melodica-Me has addressed this issue in more than one thread. A search in the Forums with the word “washer” will turn up more, but here, for example:

Vintage Clavietta issue

Gianandrea
    Participant

Thanks Alan I will try to follow MM advise

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Hello Gianandrea, how many washers are broken? I may have a few rubber washers you can have that I normally use. Message me your address on the Monsters of Melodica Facebook page and I will send a few out.
    Melodica-Me

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button