- July 13, 2015 at 9:47 pm #5620
I have it on good authority that Ballone Burini has or is about to file for bankruptcy, and (hopefully) to re-open under Andrea Ballone Burini (current manager of sales.)
Future of Vibrandoneon is uncertain, and probably low priority for them.
New, cryptic web site at http://www.bbaccordions.com/
“Thinking of the past,
Looking to the future”July 14, 2015 at 4:50 pm #5625
Jerry, hopefully they will return, but like you say the future of the Vibrandoneon will probably not be on the top of their list. If the Vibrandoneon will no longer be available, I can only assume that the price of the existing Victoria Vibrandoneon and the Ballone Burini “Eolina” will increase in value substantially making them even more rare and expensive. I wonder if any of the major companies such as “Suzuki” “Yamaha” or even “Hohner” is interested in a truly professional Melodica of this caliber.
Melodica-MeJuly 14, 2015 at 6:46 pm #5626
What makes the Vibrandoneon special is that it is essentially a high quality accordion. I don’t see where a plastics company like yamaha et al can step into that quality niche.
I’d die to to get Guido Tonini’s hit on all of this.
But for now my focus turns to
1) security (cable system and lock integrated into the case
2) protecting my instrument from lung moisture
3) identifying resources for maintenance (reed replacement, tuning etc.)July 14, 2015 at 8:26 pm #5628
In November 2014 Guido posted a Picture of him with the new Vibrandoneon (Plastic Version) by Ballone Burini so I sent him a message via Facebook and he responded with the following:
Guido, I love my Vibrandoneon, thank you
Can you tell me When will the new Vibrandoneon be ready for sale, I must own one.
Your friend in America
Monsters of Melodica
Grande Oscar …. Buona musica … Spero tra poco di saperti dire del nuovo Vibrandoneon costruito da Ballone Burini .. Ciao a presto
Big Oscar …. Good music … I hope to know soon about the new Vibrandoneon built by Ballone Burini .. Ciao
I tried several times to contact him Via Facebook but no response as of yet. I shot him another Message just a short while ago to see if he will respond with any news.
Melodica-MeJuly 15, 2015 at 1:59 pm #5633
Si I received a response from Guitdo regarding the Vibrandoneon:
Hello Oscar … In September, I have an appointment with Victoria Accordions to redo them with the Vibrandoneon …. Hopefully … I’ll let you know … Caio
So hopefully the Vibrandoneon will return to Victoria.
Melodica-MeJuly 15, 2015 at 5:03 pm #5635
That’s terrific news Oscar!
Time to get our wish list in order.
1) better disassembly mechanism. Ideally a quick-release for the air chamber to allow easier disassembly. If not quick releases, then at least metal threaded inserts in the screw holes.
2) sealing of the wood on the internal chamber to prevent absorbtion of moisture
3) I hope they do not implement the 2-way blow/draw of the Eolina, but stick with with one-way, octave reeds. (I prefer the versatility of sound over the dubious value of endless breath.
4) a more reed-instrument type mouthpiece instead of just the raw pipe.
5) the question-mark shaped tube with built-in spit valve. http://s355.photobucket.com/user/BigPwr/media/New%20Vibrandoneon%20BB%20Black%20Plastic/AllBlackVibrandoneonBB.jpeg.html
In all honesty, that’s my entire wish list. The existing Victoria is close to perfect IMO, and is still a jaw-dropper on stage.
Fingers crossed.July 15, 2015 at 5:24 pm #5637
That said, if all they did was pull out their old templates and just start building as-is, I’d still be thrilled.July 16, 2015 at 2:47 am #5643
The original Victoria Vibrandoneon was Guidos creation the one that Ballone Burini was to release was the revamped Eolina with the Vibrandoneon name. I do like the Eolina for the blow suck feature and construction but really love the sound of the Vibrandoneon. I would think that they would return to their version.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.