Amplification for Melodicas

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Binyomin
    Participant

So apparently, this site won’t allow me to post that link, despite using the ‘link’ tool in the post edit window. Oh well.

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Well after many years searching for that one amplifier that would work well with several different types of Melodica’s has finally come to an end. I have purchased the Fender “Delux Reverb” in my case the Black faced blond LTD reissue. The tone is warm with plenty of volume for small to mid size rooms. It works great with my pedal board, By the way that is going to be my next topic “special effects for your melodica” This amplifiers is small enough to carry and fit just about anywhere. I was originally looking to pick up a new Magnatone Twilighter stereo amplifier, but the thought of plopping down $3,000.00 was a bit hard to do because I am still hoping the new Vibrandoneon from Ballone Burini will be released soon.

Melodica-Me
    Monsters of Melodicas

http://s355.photobucket.com/user/BigPwr/media/Vintage%20Amplifier/imagejpg1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Lowboy
    Participant

Hi Melodica-Me,

Thanks for sharing your experience. It can save some of us a lot of time. No doubt the Fender Deluxe Reverb is one of the all time classic tube amps. Can’t wait to hear it in action.

Hopefully in the next two weeks, I have a friend bringing over two of his many classic Fender tube amps for me to try out. I will definitely tell him to make one of them a Deluxe Reverb.

I have also modified my pedal board (if you can call it that with three pedals) and will also be providing an update and recording pretty soon.

Long live the melodica.

Regards,

Lowboy

Paul
    Participant

My amplification might seem a bit primitive..but it works for me so far, small contact pick up attached to instrument, fed through my 10 watt practice amp , and a bit of extra wide sound via the vocal mic.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button