Advice wanted on the Suzuki M37C

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Joanna Harvey
    Participant

Hi, I just joined this site, what a great resource!

I’m thinking of buying a Suzuki M37C. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the M37C and the M37C Plus? Is it more than just the colour scheme?

I’ve been playing in a Street Band for 10 years now, and have got through two Suzuki Pro37’s in the past 3 years. I like the instrument, but they’ve just gone SO out of tune. I have to play pretty loud as I’m one melodica amongst a load of saxophones, trombones, trumpets and drums, so I’m looking for a melodica that’s a) loud enough (I get the sense from some youtube reviews that the M37C is a little quieter than the Pro37) 3) maybe robust enough to not go out of tune too quick and/or c) not too pricey so I can replace it every year or so when it’s too out of tune.

I’d appreciate any advice about this, thanks.
    Joanna

Daren
    Keymaster

Hi Joanna

You need to learn how to tune your melodica!

It looks like the M37C Plus has a flexible metal mouth hose with it. Its unlikely there’s any other internal difference to the M37C.

Joanna Harvey
    Participant

Thanks Daren, yes, I’ve been too scared to even take a melodica apart but I’ve just read the article on how to tune one and I think I’m going to give it a go!
    Thanks for the info about the M37C too.

Joanna Harvey
    Participant

Just ordered a reed plate for the Pro 37 v.2. Only £60 inc. delivery. I wish I had known about this 2 years ago when the first one went out of tune!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button