Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Quetscher
    Participant

Dear melodica fellows,

I wish you all a happy and successful new year!

What are your plans for 2016 (melodica-wise, I mean)?

I have three great things that I hope to get realised: first I want to build a real basso melodica going down to C out of an old Hohner harmonium.

Then I would love to get hold of a Hohner Claviola which is an instrument that has caught my interest since Melodica-Me had posted his Claviola photos. I have listened to many sound examples ever since, and the Claviola seems to provide a unique flexibility in sound and expression (although I have to admit that the sound somewhere between a clarinet, a panflute and a hurdy-gurdy is not everyone’s cup of tea).

And third I am planning on recording my own score for a short movie with about 20 minutes of music together with a well known german world jazz group. And the Vibrandoneon will have its place as leading instrument! This will hopefully take place in march or april. Here’s is a little pre-produced sound example:

I’m very curious to hear about your plans!

Greetings, Quetscher

Alan Brinton
    Participant

Your recordings are always a treat, Q. So I will follow whatever you do with interest. Most in need of work in my case is rhythm, so I am working with the rhythm app, ReadRhythm.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button