1829 French patent of a melodica like make

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Stephen
    Participant

On this French site, the database of 19th century French patents, one can find the 1829 patent by KAYSER Philippe-Auguste. it is called a “piano éolien”, a sort of Aeolus piano, including a flexible tube like the ones on present melodicas

If you click on “voir le dossier”, you can read the 13 pages. The last pages show the drawings.
    http://bases-brevets19e.inpi.fr/index.asp?page=rechercheAvancee

On the net I have read Charles Wheatstone also made an early form of a melodica like the one by Kayser.
    (He made some variations on his symphonium: horizontal and frontal, vertical and lateral, etcetera etc ) But apparantly he also had his “melodica” patented. But nowhere can I find this patent online.

Does anyone know where to view this Charles Wheatstone early “melodica” patent ?

Daren
    Keymaster

Thanks for pointing this out Stephen, it looks like the website isn’t working properly with Flash, but there are some details there. Akeo sent this image

first melodica

pianonymous
    Participant

Hi Stephen. This is the first time I have read that Wheatstone designed Melodica in addition to the Symphonium. Where did you find that statement? I would love to find that Early Melodica Patent with you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button