Reply To: Closest to accordion

Melodica-Me
Participant

Ofir, I completely agree with you and I understand your concerns for finding the true sound of the instrument you want to purchase, unfortunately as you already know as someone involved in sound reproduction, even if you manage to capture the actual sound of the instrument in a controlled condition using the best equipment and recording it (Non-digital) to an analog format, in a control room that was properly equalized, your battle will ultimately start at the end users playback equipment ie. computer, Iphone, Ipad, car stereo and if fortunate a home stereo unit. I can never take what I hear on any digital platform (on-line especially) to produce the actual correct sound of the instrument being played. Don’t get me wrong, I love todays technology, unfortunately much is lost or changed in playback. I have learned to enjoy what I hear as a whole and not to single out instruments for sound but only for performance. I truly believe that you will find many melodicas that you will enjoy playing, a couple will become your favorites and some that you will really hate (I own a few) The most expensive melodica can sound bad if you don’t know how to play it correctly and the cheapest can sound great as long as you learn the instrument capabilities.
Melodica-Me

Back to top button