Reply To: New Monsters of Melodica Recording Mr. Pc

Lowboy
Participant

Hi Melodica-Me,

Nothing but the best I see. I own a Moog Voyager monophonic analog synth and in fact purchased and returned that very excellent 104 analog delay for use with my melodica. I am not sure why, but I did. But it, along with the Leslie box, are beautiful effects. Moog makes outstanding products. I am tempted to try the 104 again one of these days. Thanks for showing your setup.

I am finding a compressor to be essential for leveling out volume spikes and raising the hard-to-hear melodica out of a live mix . I see you do not have one in your pedal board. Do you not feel a need to use one?

By the way, yesterday I jammed with an upright bassist and an acoustic guitarist. They both sing pretty good. We were so happy with the results that we are getting back together again today. We are thinking of playing classic blues as a three piece, no drummer. Willie Dixon, Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, etc. The melodica is sounding really good in this setting. So hopefully I can post some real recordings in the near future, rather than playing with backing tracks.

I look forward to your next recording.

Lowboy

Back to top button