Reply To: Two Jigs on the Seraphone

Jacob Fournel
Participant

Hi Quetscher,
This is a brand new model I made in may 2014 with Marc Sérafini, a french accordion maker, and it’s the first model (prototype !!!).
Its particular, sweet as powerful tone comes from the wood used (walnut) and the quite big resonance box, and from the high quality of the reeds.
The big difference between a Seraphone and a melodica is that you can blow AND inhale in it ! The Eolina from Balone Burini inspired me (I played on a customised Eolina before). But there’s is problem with the Eolina : you inhale the air you blow. So I decided to work on this problem and the Seraphone allows to inhale fresh air.
The black box you see in the video is in aluminium and it canalizes water before entering in the instrument, so there’s very few humidity inside the instrument.
The only shortcoming of the instrument is its weight : 4,2 kg, but as you see, I’m not a lumberman and can hold it easily, and you can put a necklace if needed.
The black box you see in the video is an aluminium one and it canalize water before entering in the instrument, so there’s very few humidity inside the instrument.
The only shortcoming of the instrument is its weigh : 4,2 kg, but as you see, I’m not a lumberman and can sustain it easily, and you can put a necklace like for saxophone.
Hope I answered to your questions !

Back to top button